Marshall County

US States / M / Minnesota / Marshall County
Marshall

Marshal County is named after William Rainey Marshall, Governor of Minnesota from 1866 to 1870.

 

Created:  February 25, 1879

County Seat:

Warren   1879 – present

 

County Courthouse – Warren

 

Location:  208 East Colvin Avenue / East Bridge Avenue

Built:  1900 – 1901

Style:  Romanesque

Architect:  J W Ross

Contractor:  Anderson & Hunter

 

Description:  The building faces west and is a square two story yellow colored brick structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The eastern section was constructed first and was joined by a hallway to the western section. The second building was constructed in 1909 on the west side and completed in 1910. The building has a tall square brick tower with steep roof that rises squarely above the central pavilion between the east and west sections. The main entrance is the triple arches on the west side, below a high pointed gable. The architect for the second building was A K Gauger of Saint Paul and the contractor was Henry R Lange. On the east side is the modern two story dark red colored brick Law Enforcement Center.

 

Note:  The first courthouse was built in 1880 at a cost of $5,000. The 1910 addition to the present courthouse cost $30,000 with an additional $2,000 to renovate the 1900 building.

 

County Law Enforcement Center – Warren

 

2447o15

 

Location:  208 East Colvin Avenue / East Bridge Avenue

Built:  1974 – 1976

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Architectural Resources Inc of Hibbing

Contractor:  Witcher Construction Company of Saint Paul

 

Description:  The building faces north and is a two story of vertically-laid dark red colored brick structure. The building is located on the east side of the courthouse. The north and south recessed entrances have glass panels. The roof line is flat. The building is named as the Marshall County Law Enforcement Center.

 

Note:  The cost of construction of the building was $800.000.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Kittson County and Roseau County

E – Beltrami County

S – Pennington County and Polk County

W – Grand Forks County, North Dakota and Walsh County, North Dakota

 

 

 

2001mc08

County Courthouse

 

 

2005mc08

 

 

2006mc08

 

 

755lm07

 

 

2442o15

 

 

2443o15

 

 

2004mc08

 

 

015m17

 

 

2003mc08

 

 

018m17

 

 

019m17

 

 

020m17

 

 

021m17

 

 

013m17

 

 

016m17

 

 

2002mc08

 

 

2448o15

County Law Enforcement Center

 

 

2446o15

 

 

025m17

Photos taken 2007, 2008, 2015 and 2017