Location: 925 West Ottawa Street and Martin Luther King Boulevard.
Built: 2000 – 2002
Architect: Albert Kahn Associates and Spillis Candela DMJM
Contractor: The Christman Company
Description: The building faces east and is a six story limestone-clad structure with a gently curved horse-shaped façade. The interior of the building is organized around the circular colonnaded lobbies on each story. There is a large rotunda at the east entrance. The Supreme Court Chamber is located on the top floor with a sixteen foot skylight dome.The building is named as the Hall of Justice. The State Capitol is located on the east side. The building also houses the Michigan Court of Appeals.
Note: The Supreme Court was previously housed in the State Capitol on the third floor from 1873 to 1970. From 1970 to 1999, the Supreme Court was housed on the second floor of the Williams Building which faces south and is located on the west side of the State Capitol.
Note: Lansing and the Supreme Court are located in Ingham County..
Photos taken 2008 and 2015