Bay County is named for Saginaw Bay as the county is located at the head of the bay.
Created: February 17, 1857
Bay City 1857 – present
Old County Courthouse – Bay City
Location: 515 Center Avenue / North Madison Avenue
Built: 1933 – 1934
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Joseph C Goddeyne of Bay City
Contractor: Bay City Stone Company
Description: The building faces south and is a seven story limestone, granite and steel structure. The south entrance projects from the main building which rises in tiers with a higher centre section. The building was renovated in 1984 to 1986 and serves as the County Administration Building.
County Courthouse – Bay City
Location: 1230 Washington Avenue / 2nd Street
Built: 1997 – 1998
Description: The building faces south and is a one story buff colored brick, glass and concrete structure. The building originally house county offices and the east section was remodeled for the County Court house. The building is located in the Washington Park Plaza south. The building has small windows and a flat roof.
N – Arenac County
S – Saginaw County
Photios taken 2008