Calvert County is named for the Calvert family, who were descendants of Charles Calvert, 5th Baron Baltimore.
Created: July 30, 1650
Prince Frederick 1654 – present
County Courthouse – Prince Frederick
Location: 175 Main Street / Duke Street
Built: 1915 – 1916
Style: Colonial Revival
Architect: T Kent Robert
Contractor: J M Robinson Construction Company
Description: The building faces northeast and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The northeast front has a large portico with four white colored columns and four white colored pilasters rising to a pediment at the roof line. The recessed entrance is framed with white colored wood. There is a small wrought iron balcony above. On the center of the roof is a white colored open cupola. The roof is hipped. The architect was and contractor was. Additions were added on the east and west sides in 1948.
County District Court – Prince Frederick
Location: 200 Duke Street / Main Street
Description: The building faces southwest and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The southwest front has a central entrance with a high portico supported by two columns. The hipped green colored roof has a gable on the south side of the roof.
Photos taken 2013