Baltimore County is named for Charles Calvert, who was the 5th Baron Baltimore.
Created: June 30, 1659
Towson 1659 – present
County Courthouse – Towson
Location: 400 Washington Avenue / West Chesapeake Avenue
Built: 1854 – 1855
Style: Greek Revival
Architect: Dixon, Bilbirne & Dixon
Contractor: William H Allen
Description: The building faces east and is a two story stone structure. The east front has a large portico with six fluted Doric columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. The north and south corner sections project slightly from the main building. On the roof is a round white colored cupola with gold colored dome. An addition was constructed in 1910. The architect was Baldwin & Pennington and the contractor was David M Andrews. A further addition was constructed in 1925. The architect was Joseph Pennington and Pleasants Pennington and the contractor was Thomas Hicks & Sons.
County Courts Building – Towson
Location: 401 Bosely Avenue / West Chesapeake Avenue
Built: 1975 – 1977
Architect: Paul Goudreau of Goudreay Inc.
Contractor: Harbor Construction, Inc.
Description: The building faces east and is a four story concrete structure. The building is located on the west side of the old courthouse. With a plaza on the east side. The first and second stories have concrete pillars with recessed walls. The third and fourth stories have horizontal windows divided by concrete dividers. The roof line is flat. The building is named as the Courts Building.
District Court – Towson
Location: 120 East Chesapeake Avenue / Virginia Avenue
Description: The building faces north and is a two story structure.
N – York County, Pennsylvania
W – Carroll County
Photos taken 2013