Winn Parish is named for Walter Winn, who was a Louisiana state legislator.
Created: February 24, 1852
Winnfield 1852 – present
Parish Courthouse – Winnfield
Location: 119 West Main Street / North Jones Street
Built: 1961 – 1962
Architect: Nolan, Norman & Nolan
Contractor: Ranni Terral
Description: The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The north front has a recessed central entrance on the second story. On the south side the lower story is exposed by the slope of the hill. The windows are vertical. A white colored horizontal band runs below the flat roof line.
Note: The 1896 courthouse was designed by W S Hull and constructed by W S Hull and F B Hull. The building burned in 1917 and was replaced in 1922 with a courthouse designed by J W Smith and constructed by Caldwell Brother Construction Company.
S – Grant Parish
Photos taken 2011