Union Parish is named for the union of the United States.
Created: March 13, 1839
Farmerville 1839 – present
Parish Courthouse – Farmerville
Location: 100 East Bayou Street / North Main Street
Built: 1960 – 1961
Contractor: Ranni Terral
Description: The building faces north and is a two story concrete and glass structure. The north front has a central entrance with large crest above on the second story. The first story is dark red colored brick and the second story is light colored panels. There are white colored vertical concrete dividers with horizontal windows. The roof line is flat. The building was renovated in 1983. The architect was James W Higgins and the contractor was Don Barbon.
Note: The previous couthouse was designed by A J Bryan & Company and constructed by M T Lewman Company in 1904.
N – Union County, Arkansas
E – Morehouse Parish
W – Claiborne Parish
Photos taken 2011