Saint Mary Parish is named for the Blessed Virgin Mary, who was the mother of Jesus Christ.
Created: April 17, 1811
Franklin 1811 – present
Parish Courthouse – Franklin
Location: 101 Wilson Street / West Main Street
Built: 1967 – 1968
Architect: Lloyd J Guillory
Contractor: Horace B Brickey, Inc.
Description: The building faces west and is a seven story white colored concrete rectangular structure. The west central entrance has a canopy supported by two pillars. There are vertical dividers with horizontal windows. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was constructed in 1908. The architect was W L Stephens and the contractor was F M Hull Company.
Parish Courthouse – Morgan City
Location: 512 First Street / Everett Street
Built: 1904 – 1905
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: J M Parmelee
Contractor: M L Wilcox
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick structure.THE BUILDING IS LOCATED ON LANDSCAPED GROUNDS. The building is now the City Hall.
S – Gulf of Mexico and Iberia Parish
W – Iberia Parish
Photos taken 2011 and 2017