Saint Charles Parish is named for St. Charles Borromeo, who was an Italian saint and cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church.
Created: March 31, 1807
Hahnville 1807 – present
Parish Courthouse – Hahnville
Location: 15045 River Road / Courthouse Lane
Built: 1975 – 1976
Architect: Gimini and Meric & Associates, Inc.
Contractor: Mid-Gulf Construction, Inc.
Description: The building faces north and is a two story light brown colored concrete and glass structure. The north front has vertical glass walls with an external overhang supported by concrete dividers. There are entrances at the northeast and northwest corners. The roof line is flat with a wide horizontal section below.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by William R Burk and built in 1826. The building was remodeled in 1852 and 1921. The building was torn down when the present courthouse was constructed.
E – Jefferson Parish
S – Lafourche Parish
Photos taken 2011