Lincoln County is named for Abraham Lincoln, who was a member of Congress from Illinois (1847-1849) and President of the United States (1861-1865).
Created: February 27, 1873
Ruston 1873 – present
Parish Courthouse – Ruston
Location: 100 West Texas Avenue / South Vienna Street
Built: 1949 – 1950
Architect: Neild & Somdal
Contractor: Southern Builders Inc.
Description: The building faces east and is a four story orange colored brick and concrete structure. The east front has a slightly projecting center section which rises above the main building and with the entrance on the first story which faced with stone. The first story windows are horizontal. On the roof to a recessed fourth story.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by James Riely Gordon and constructed by M T Lewman & Company in 1903.
E – Ouachita Parish
Photos taken 2011