La Salle Parish is named for Rene-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle, who was a French explorer.
Created: July 3, 1908
Jena 1808 – present
Parish Courthouse – Jena
Location: 1050 Courthouse Street / North 1st Street
Built: 1967 – 1968
Architect: Barrow, Heinberg & Brocato of Alexandria
Contractor: McInnis Brothers
Description: The building faces south and is a one story stone, concrete and glass structure. The south front has a recessed central entrance. There are pillars supporting the wide over hanging roof. Certain section project from the main building. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Emile Weil and constructed by C D Stewart in 1910.
See: The architect, Barrow, Heinberg & Brocato of Alexandria, also designed the courthouse in Grant Parrish.
N – Caldwell Parish
E – Catahoula Parish
Photos taken 2011