Jefferson Davis Parish is named for Jefferson Davis, who was the president of the Confederacy during the American Civil War.
Created: June 12, 1912
Jennings 1912 – present
Parish Courthouse – Jennings
Location: 300 North State Street / East Plaquemine Street
Built: 1966 – 1967
Architect: Perry Segura & Associates
Contractor: Lake Charles Lumber Company.
Description: The building faces west and is a three story brick, glass and concrete structure. The west front has a recessed first story with wide vertical windows on the second and third stories. The north and south wings are recessed and lower in height. The roof line is flat. On the northeast side of the building is the one story Courthouse Annex constructed in 1998. The architect was Gulday Beazley Architects and the contractor was Carlton Construction.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by W L Stevens and constructed by Caldwell Brothers in 1916.
N – Allen Parish
E – Acadia Parish
Photos taken 2011