Cameron Parish is named for Simon Cameron, who came from Pennsylvania, was the first secretary of war during the tern of President Abraham Lincoln.
Created: March 16, 1870
Cameron 1870 – present
Parish Courthouse – Cameron
Location: 119 Smith Circle / Marshall Street
Built: 1936 – 1937
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Herman J Duncan Company Inc. of Alexandria
Contractor: A Farnel Blair of Lake Charles
Description: The building faces south and is a two story white colored concrete structure. The central part of the building is higher than the east and west wings. The entrance is at the center of the south front. The roof line is flat. On the east side is the one story Administration Building raised on pillars.
E – Vermilion Parish
S – Gulf of Mexico
Photos taken 2011