Bienville Parish is named for Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville, who was the founder of city of New Orleans.
Created: March 14, 1848
Arcadia 1848 – present
Parish Courthouse – Arcadia
Location: 100 Court House Drive / Locust Drive
Built: 1952 – 1953
Architect: C Scott Yeager
Contractor: Allen Construction Company
Description: The building faces east and is a two story yellow colored brick and concrete structure. The east front has a high porch with six pillars and a canopy over the entrance on the first story. The north and south wings are one story with few windows. The roof line is flat.
Note: the previous courthouse was designed and constructed by F B Hull and W S Hull in 1895.
photos taken 2011