Beauregard Parish is named for P G T Beauregard, who was a Confederate general and one of the designers of the Confederate Battle Flag.
Created: June 12, 1913
DeRidder 1913 – present
Parish Courthouse – DeRidder
Location: 201 West First Street / South Stewart Street
Built: 1914 – 1915
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: E Stevens & Nelson of New Orleans
Contractor: Fall City Construction Company of Louisville, Kentucky
Description: The building faces north and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The north front has a recessed porch with eight white colored columns rising to a wide header at the third story. A projecting eave runs above the second story. On the center of the roof is a dome with clock. The east and west wings project from the building. On the west side is the old jail designed by Stevens & Nelson of New Orleans and constructed by Fall City Construction Company in 1914. The courthouse was renovated and an addition constructed in 2017 to 2018. The architect was Corne Lemaire Group and the contractor was Pat Williams Construction Inc.
See: The contractor Falls City Construction Company of Louisville, Kentucky.
Parish Administration – DeRidder
Location: 201 West 2nd Street / South Stewart Street
Built: 2005 – 2007
Architect: Barry D King of King Architects
Contractor: Pat Williams Construction, Inc.
Description: The building faces north and is a two story buff and red colored brick structure.
N – Vernon Parish
S – Calcasieu Parish
W – Newton County, Texas
Photos taken 2011 and 2017