Allen Parish is named for Henry Watkins Allen, who was the Confederate governor of Louisiana.
Created: June 12, 1912
Oberlin 1912 – present
Parish Courthouse – Oberlin
Location: 400 West 6th Avenue / North 5th Street
Built: 1914 – 1915
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Favrot & Livaudais
Contractor: L R Wright and Company
Description: The building faces east and is a two story gray colored stone structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds. On the east front, the center section extends from the main building. Above the first story entrance is a small balcony with eight columns on the second story with arched windows between. There is a balustrade with crest along the roof line.
Photos taken 2011 and 2017