Warren County is named for Joseph Warren, who was a general in the American Revolutionary War, and who lived from 1741 to 1775.
Created: December 14, 1796
Bowling Green 1796 – present
County Courthouse – Bowling Green
Location: 429 East 10th Street / College Street
Built: 1868 – 1869
Style: Beaux Arts
Architect: D J Williams of Louisville
Contractor: Charles Ott
Description: The building faces northeast and is a two story dark red colored brick structure. The north front has a large portico supported by four large white colored columns rising to the pediment at the roof. The second story windows are arched. On the roof center is a round white colored cupola with clock and green colored dome roof.
County Justice Center – Bowling Green
Location: 1001 Center Street / West 10th Street
Built: 1998 – 2000
Architect: CMW, Inc. of Lexington
Contractor: Alliance Corporation
Description: The building faces southeast and is a four story dark red colored brick and concrete structure. The rectangular building has a round tower at the center of the southeast front with entrances on the first story and columns rising from the second story to the top of the fourth story and with recessed glass panels and round black colored dome at the top. Horizontal cornices run below the flat roof line and above the second story windows. On the north side is a two story wing.
Photos taken 2007 and 2014