Todd County is named for John Todd, who was a military colonel killed at the Battle of Blue Licks, and who lived from 1750 to 1782.
Created: December 30, 1819
Elkton 1819 – present
County Courthouse – Elkton
Location: 200 East Washington Street / Lucky Lane
Built: 1975 – 1976
Style: Modern Colonial
Architect: Tom Mimms Paine of Hopkinsville
Contractor: R K Smith & Company Inc. of Clarksville, Tennessee
Description: The building faces north and is a one red colored brick structure. The north front has a portico supported by four white colored Doric columns. The building expands east and west behind the north entrance section. The corners are decorated with white colored stone. On the flat roof at the center is a large white colored dome.
County Justice Center – Elkton
Location: 224 West Main Street / Weathers Lane
Built: 2011 – 2012
Architect: JKS Architects of Hopkinsville
Contractor: Codell Construction Company of Winchester
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure.
Old County Courthouse – Elkton
Location: Public Square / East Main Street
Built: 1836 – 1837
Architect: R Rowlins
Contractor: Jesse Russell
Description: The building faces east and is a red colored brick structure, which sits in the center of the Public Square. The entrance doors on the east and west sides are framed with white colored wood as are the headers above each window. Atop the building is a large square white colored wood cupola with clock at the top. The cupola was added in 1871 in Second Empire style. The roof is hipped.
E – Logan County
W – Christian County
Photos taken 2007