Scott County is named for Charles Scott, who was the Governor of Kentucky from 1808 to 1812.
Created: June 22, 1792
Georgetown 1792 – present
County Courthouse – Georgetown
Location: 101 East Main Street / North Broadway Street
Built: 1877 – 1878
Style: French Second Empire
Architect: Thomas Boyd of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contractor: Isaac Graven of Cincinnati, Ohio
Description: The building faces south and is a two story brown-red colored brick structure. The south front has light stone trim around the entrance and along the corners of the building. White stone decorates the top of the windows and the second story windows are long and ached. Above the entrance is a statue of Justice behind rises a high mansard roof with round porthole windows and with a square cupola with white dome containing a clock. The building was renovated in 1994. The architect was Day Johnston and the contractor was Architecture PLus, Inc and Jim Woodrum and Scott Baker.
County Justice Building – Georgetown
Location: 17 Court Street / East Washington Street
Built: 1989 – 1990
Architect: Chrisman-Miller-Woodford, Inc.
Contractor: C E Pennington Company
Description: The building faces south and is a three story red colored brick and concrete structure. Along the first story are large arches. The roof is hipped. The building is named as the Jail & Justice Building.
N – Owen County
S – Fayette County
Photos taken 2007