Pulaski County is named for Casimir Pulaski, who was a Revolutionary War soldier killed at the Battle of Savannah, and who lived from 1746 to 1779.
Created: December 10, 1798
Somerset 1798 – present
County Courthouse – Somerset
Location: 100 North Main Street / West Mount Vernon Street
Built: 1973 – 1975
Architect: Wilson Bond and Associates of Lexington
Contractor: Forbes-Morris Building Company of Lexington
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. On the east front are four Doric white colored columns supporting a narrow portico at the main entrance. A horizontal cornice runs below the flat roof line. On the west side is the addition built for the former courthouse in 1939 to 1940. The architect was H A Churchill & Associates of Lexington.
Note: The previous courthouse was constructed in 1874.
County Judicial Center – Somerset
Location: 52 Public Square / East Mount Vernon Street
Built: 2008 – 2010
Architect: Bennett Rosser International of Lexington
Contractor: D W Wilburn, Inc.
Description: The building faces north and is a three story red colored brick and concrete structure. The north front has a high square red colored brick tower with arched glass panel entrances on the first story, high vertical windows on the second and third stories and clock near the top which has a hipped roof. The building has a mansard roof.
E – Laurel County
Photos taken 2007 and 2014