Pendleton County is named for Edmund Pendleton, who was a member of the Continental Congress.
Created: December 4, 1798
Falmouth 1798 – present
County Courthouse – Falmouth
Location: 233 Main Street / West Shelby Street
Built: 1847 – 1848
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick style structure. The east front has a recessed entrance on the first story with two windows above on the second story. At the roof line is a small peak. The eave runs along the roof line. On the south side is a four story square brick clock tower with arched entrance on the first story and with clock and steep roof at the top. There is a south wing which projects behind the clock tower. Stone trim is above the windows. The courtroom is located on the second story. The building was remodeled in 1884 with the addition of the clock tower and Clerk’s Office on the south side. The building was renovated in 1975.
Note: The first court met in the home of Thomas Anderson in 1799.
County Judicial Center – Falmouth
Location: 120 Ridgeway Avenue / Main Street
Built: 2008 – 2010
Architect: CMW Inc. of Lexington
Contractor: Codell Construction Company of Winchester
Description: The building faces north and is a one story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The south section has a tiered brick clock tower with arch on the first story and recessed entrance. On the west side is a projecting section with large arched windows. The east section has white colored columns rising to a wide header with recessed windows. The roof line is flat.
S – Harrison County
W – Grant County
County Judicial Center
Photos taken 2012 and 2018