Muhlenberg County is named for Peter Muhlenberg, who was a general during the American Revolutionary War.
Created: December 14, 1798
Greenville 1798 – present
County Courthouse – Greenville
Location: 101 Main Street / East Main Cross Street
Built: 1906 – 1907
Style: Beaux Arts
Architect: Kenneth McDonald Sr. and Todd of Louisville
Contractor: Bailey and Kroerner
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick structure. The west front has a large portico with six columns rising to a wide pediment at the roof line. The north and south sides have one story porticoes. On the center of the roof is a large white colored octagonal dome with clocks on the dome. The building now serves as the administration building. The building was renovated in 1963. The contractor was Globe Industrial of Henderson. The building was restored in 1980. The architect was James Denton of Madisonville and the contractor was Jaggers’ Construction Inc. of Greenville. The building was remodeled in 2010. The architect was RBS Design Group and the contractor was Codell Construction Company of Winchester.
County Judicial Building – Greenville
Location: 136 South Main Street / East Campbell Street
Built: 2002 – 2004
Architect: Brandstetter Carroll, Inc. of Lexington
Contractor: Alliance Corporation of Glasgow
Description: The building faces west and is a three story red colored brick and concrete structure. The west front has a projecting central section with entrance on the first story and glass panels above rising to a semi-circular roof. The building is tiered with north and south wings. The roof is hipped.
E – Butler County
Photos taken 2014