McLean County is named for Alney McLean, who was a United States Representation from 1815 to 1817 and from 1819 to 1821.
Created: February 6, 1854
Calhoun 1854 – present
County Courthouse – Calhoun
Location: 210 Main Street / East 2nd Street
Built: 1904 – 1908
Architect: Harris & Shopbell
Contractor: Luckett Brothers.
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick structure. The west front has two large Beaux Arts Ionic columns supporting a wide white colored header. The recessed entrance has a small white colored balcony at the second story arched window, A white colored horizontal band is located at the top of the second story and above it is a white colored cornice.
Note: The previous courthouse was constructed in 1870.
E – Ohio County
Photos taken 2007