Logan County is named for Benjamin Logan, who was a military general from Virginia, and who lived from 1742 to 1802.
Created: June 28, 1792
Russellville 1792 – present
County Courthouse – Russellville
Location: 229 West 3rd Street / Winter Street
Built: 1903 – 1904
Style: Colonial Revival
Architect: Walter Chamberlin & Company of Knoxville, Tennessee
Contractor: Robert Manley and E W Furrey
Description: The building faces northwest and is a two story light colored stone structure. There is a small stone portico at the arched entrance on the northwest side. Above the portico is an arch with recessed doorway. The main section of the building extends north and south with a green-gray colored title roof. At each corner of the building is a square pavilion. The architect was and the contractor was . In 1972 and 1973, renovations added a new white colored square cupola with clock. The architect was Harrison, Hisle and Associates and the contractor was Faulkner Construction Company.
County Court of Justice – Russellville
Location: 329 West 4th Street / Owen Street
Built: 2008 – 2010
Architect: Shermam Carter Barnhart of Lexington
Contractor: Codell Construction Company of Winchester
Description: The building faces north and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The northwest front has a large portico. The north front has a large portico with four columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. The center section of the building projects with east and west wings. The green colored roof is hipped. On the center of the roof is a tall white colored cupola.
S – Robertson County, Tennessee
W – Todd County
Photos taken 2007 and 2014