Grant County is named for Samuel Grant (1762-1789), John Grant (1754-1826) or Squire Grant (1764-1833), who were early settlers in Kentucky.
Created: February 12, 1820
Williamstown 1820 – present
County Courthouse – Williamstown
Location: 101 North Main Street / Court Street
Built: 1937 – 1939
Style: Greek Revival
Architect: E C Landberg and G T Landberg
Contractor: Skinner Brothers of Lexington
Description: The building faces east and is a two story buff colored brick structure. The east front has four high columns supporting the pediment which has a decorative cornice. The main doorway is framed with light brown colored stone. On the center of the roof is a tall white spire with clock at the base and small green dome with a thin upper spire and weather vain. The interior was remodeled in 1976. The architect was McClorey & Savage of Cincinnati, Ohio and the contractor was TCS Contracting of Covington.
County Judicial Centre – Williamstown
Location: 224 South Main Street / Paris Street
Built: 2007 – 2009
Architect: JRA Architects of Louisville
Contractor: Codell Construction Company of Winchester
Description: The building faces northwest and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The northwest front has a large porch with four large columns rising to a wide pediment at the roof line. The center section projects from the main building. On the center of the roof is an octagonal cupola with balustrade and smaller cupola with black colored dome at the top. The roof is sloped. On the south side, there is a one story wing.
E – Pendleton County
Photos taken 2007 and 2012