Fleming County is named for John Fleming, who was an early settler in the area.
Created: February 10, 1798
Flemingsburg 1798 – present
County Courthouse – Flemingsburg
Location: 100 Court Square / North Main Cross Street
Built: 1952 – 1953
Style: Greek Revival
Architect: Kenroy, Cormack and Scott
Contractor: Robert D Short
Description: The building faces southwest and is a two story dark red colored structure. The building is located in the center of the Public Square with the downtown descending down the hill to the southwest. The southwest front has a portico supported by four columns rising to a wide pediment. The entrance on the first story has a wood frame and fan light above. On the center of the roof is a square cupola.
Note: During construction of the courthouse, the mechanical contractor was C S Veach & Sons and the electrical contractor was Melvin Havens.
County Judicial Center – Flemingsburg
Location: 101 Main Cross Street / Water Street
Built: 2009 – 2011
Architect: Brandstetter Carroll Inc. of Lexington
Contractor: Trace Creek Construction Inc. of Vanceburg
Description: The building faces south and is a two story structure. The south corner has a curved section with large arched entrances on the first story and with a balustrade along the second story. Behind is a round section with arched windows and large dome. The upper sections of the northeast and northwest wings are red colored brick with columns. The roof line is flat.
S – Bath County
Photos taken 2012