Edmonson County is named for John Edmonson, who was a military captain killed at the Battle of Frenchtown during the American Civil War.
Created: January 26, 1825
Brownsville 1825 – present
County Courthouse – Brownsville
Location: 110 Cross Main Street / Washington Street
Built: 1873 – 1874
Architect: James A Shirley of Glasgow
Contractor: James A Shirley of Glasgow
Description: The building faces northwest and is a two story red-brown colored brick structure. The northwest front has a small central entrance with canopy above. The windows are arched. Along the roof line is a triangular gable. On the center of the roof is a hexagonal white colored cupola. On the southeast side is a one story red colored brick addition constructed in 1997. The architect was CMW, Inc. and the contractor was Beacon Construction Company.
N – Grayson County
S – Waren County
W – Butler County
Photos taken 2014