Crittenden County is named for John Jordan Crittenden, who was Governor of Kentucky from 1848 to 1850.
Created: January 16, 1842
Marion 1842 – present
County Courthouse – Marion
Location: 107 South Main Street / West Belleville Street
Built: 1960 – 1961
Architect: Max W Bisson of Owensboro
Contractor: Jones & Morgan Construction Company, Inc. of Paducah
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick utilitarian structure. The main entrance is along the east side with a stone trimmed entrance with glass above the doorway. There are light stone panels between the vertical windows. The north and south wings are one story. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was constructed in 1871. The building was demolished.
E – Webster County
Photos taken 2007