Bullitt County is named for Alexander Scott Bullitt, who was the Lieutenant Governor of Kentucky from 1800 to 1804.
Created: December 13, 1796
Shepherdsville 1796 – present
County Courthouse – Shepherdsville
Location: 300 South Buckman Street / 3rd Street
Built: 1900 – 1902
Style: Beaux Arts
Architect: Mason Maury
Contractor: Brashear and Johnson
Description: The building faces west and is a two story dark red colored brick and stone structure modeled after the former Court House. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The central section of the building has a protruding section on the west side, with peaked roof, large arched window on the second story and entrance on the first floor. A balustrade extends across the front and along the sides. On top of the roof is a square brick and white colored wood cupola with clock at the top and white colored dome. The main part of the building is two stories and extends eastwards. The base is white colored rough stone. In 2002 to 2004, a two story red colored brick and concrete addition was constructed on the north, east and south sides of the original courthouse. The architect was CMW, Inc. of Lexington and the contractor was Codell Construction Company of Winchester. On the east side is the old rough stone jail.
County Judicial Center – Shepherdsville
Location: 250 Frank E Simon Avenue / 3rd Street
Built: 2005– 2007
Architect: CMW, Inc. of Lexington and Architects Plus
Contractor: Codell Construction Company of Winchester
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds on the northeast side of the courthouse. The west front has a large portico supported by four large columns rising to a third story section with pediment at the roof line. The portico section has stone facing with a central entrance on the first story. On the center of the roof is a high square cupola with small dome. The roof is sloped. There is stone trim at the corners.
County Courthouse Annex – Shepherdsville
Location: 149 Walnut Street / Road 1042
Built: 1986 – 1988
Architect: William M Welch
Contractor: BJenkins-Essex Construction Company of Elizabethtown
Description: The building faces south and is a three story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds on the east side of the courthouse. The south front has a central arched entrance. The windows have small arches above. The roof line is flat. The building is named as the Nina Mooney Courthouse Annex.
N – Jefferson County
S – Nelson County
Old County Jail
County Judicial Center
County Courthouse Annex
Photos taken 2007 and 2018