Bath County is named for the medicinal springs located within the county.
Created: January 15, 1811
Owingsville 1811 – present
County Courthouse – Owingsville
Location: 17 West Main Street / State Avenue
Built: 1866 – 1867
Architect: Frederick Visscher
Contractor: Frederick Visscher
Description: The building faces north and is a three story structure. The building is a “T” shape with a center wing extending south. The north front has a balcony above the first story entrance. There is an arched window on the second story and two columns rising to a pediment with small windows at the third story. On the center of the roof is a square cupola with clock and dome at the top. The architect and the contractor was. The building was remodeled in 1903 to 1904 when the clock tower and columns at the front were added, The contractor was Bud Colliver and Oscar Palmer.
Note: The second courthouse burned on May 21, 1864 as a result of an overheated stove. The new courthouse was built inside the town’s central square with Federal funds granted as compensation for the fire.
S – Menifee County
Photos taken 2012