Wichita County is named after the confederacy of Caddoan Indians.
Created: March 20, 1873
Leoti 1886 – present
County Courthouse – Leoti
Location: 206 South 4th Street / L Street
Built: 1916 – 1917
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: William Earl Hulse & Company of Hutchison
Contractor: William Foley
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick structure. The building fhas four large portico on the east side supported by four large columns. There are two large columns on either side of the entrance. The center section projects from the main building. The roof is hipped.
Note: This courthouse is simplier to the courthouse in Wallace County as the architect and contractor were the same for both courthouses. Also, the courthouse in Pawnee County was designed and constructed by them.
E – Scott County
S – Kearney County
W – Greeley County
Photos taken 2007