Russell County is named for Alva P Russell, who was a soldier in the American Civil War.
Created: February 26, 1867
Russell 1872 – present
County Courthouse – Russell
Location: 401 North Main Street / West 4th Street
Built: 1902 – 1903
Architect: George A Berlinghof of Nebraska
Description: The building faces west and is a two story rough post rock stone structure. The building has a high central section with the entrance on the first story. The building was originally constructed with a high clock tower. In 1949. the building was altered with the removal of the clock tower..
North – Osborne County
South – Barton County
West – Ellis County
Photos taken 2006