Ottawa County is named for the Ottawa Native American tribe.
Created: February 27, 1860
Minneapolis 1860 – present
County Courthouse – Minneapolis
Location: 307 North Concord Street / West 3rd Street
Built: 1956 – 1957
Architect: Williamson-Loebsack & Associates
Contractor: Johnson Brothers Construction Company
Description: The building faces east and is a two story gray limestone, glass and concrete structure. The east front has vertical glass panels and a canopy at the main entrance located towards the south side. The north and south walls are white limestone. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was constructed in 1886. The building was demolished.
North – Cloud County
South – Saline County
Photos taken 2009