Finney County is named for David W Finney ( 1839 - 1916 ), who was the Lieutenant Governor of Kansas.
Created: February 22, 1883
Garden City 1884 – present
County Courthouse – Garden City
Location: 425 North 8th Street / West Pine Street
Built: 1928 – 1929
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Routledge & Hertz of Hutchinson
Contractor: Bailey-Burns Company of Norman, Oklahoma
Description: The building faces east and is a three story limestone structure. The center of the east front of the rectangular shaped building rises slightly above the north and south wings. There are three entrance doors with three long windows above the entrance. Vertical brick pilasters rise to the top of the second story and run between the windows. Along the third floor are small windows. The roof line is flat.
Photos taken 2007