Wright County is named for Silas Wright, a Governor of New York, and for Joseph Albert Wright, a Governor of Indiana.
Created: January 15, 1851
Liberty 1855 – 1866
Clarion 1866 – present
County Courthouse – Clarion
Location: 115 North Main Street / Central Avenue East
Built: 1891 – 1892
Architect: W B Parson & Son
Contractor: E D Janes & Company
Description: The building faces south and is a three story red colored brick structure. On the southeast corner is a large square clock tower. The south entrance is arched and the base of the building is white course stone. Round tower are on either side of the entrance.
Note: The first court was held in a log cabin in 1851. The first courthouse was built in Liberty in 1855. The second courthouse was built in Clarion in 1866. The cost of construction of the present courthouse was $50,000.
N – Hancock County
E – Franklin County
S – Hamilton County
Photos taken 2008