Webster County is named for Daniel Webster, who was a statesman, senator and the United States Secretary of State.
Created: January 15, 1851
Homer 1853 – 1856
Fort Dodge 1856 – present
County Courthouse – Fort Dodge
Location: 701 Central Avenue / 7th Street South
Built: 1901 – 1902
Style: Beaux Arts
Architect: H C Koch and Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Contractor: Northern Building Company
Description: The building faces north and is a four story stone structure. The north front has four stone columns rising from the second to third stories. There are three square openings at the south entrance of the first story. Above the entrance rises a green colored clock tower. A projecting cornice divided the third and fourth stories.
Note: The first courthouse was built in 1859 to 1861. The cost of construction of the present courthouse was $100,000.
N – Humboldt County
Photos taken 2008