Warrick County is named for Jacob Warrick, who was an Indiana militia company commander killed in the Battle of Tippecanoe in 1811.
Created: March 9, 1813
Darlington 1814 – 1818
Boonville 1818 – present
County Courthouse – Boonville
Location: 107 West Locust Street / North 3rd Street
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: William J Harris & Clifford Shopbell of Evansville
Contractor: Howard Brothers
Description: The building faces east and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The east front has a large portico supported by four large columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. Above the recessed entrance is a small balcony with large arched window above. On the center of the roof is a large square dome with clock and small cupola at the top. The building was renovated in 1996. The architect was Adicon Inc. and the contractor was Dooley and Mack.
Note: The previous courthouse was built by James Pulham in 1834.
County Judicial Center – Boonville
Location: One Courthouse Square / North 3rd Street
Built: 1997 – 1999
Description: The building faces east and is a two story light red colored brick and concrete structure. The east front has three brick pillars with glass entrances between. A horizontal band runs between the first and second stories and below the roof line. The roof is hipped.
E – Spencer County
Photos taken 2008