Randolph County is named for Peyton Randolph, who was the first President of the Continental Congress.
Created: January 10. 1818
Winchester 1818 – present
County Courthouse – Winchester
Location: 100 South Main Street / West Washington Street
Built: 1875– 1877
Style: Second Empire
Architect: J C Johnson of Freemont, Ohio
Contractor: Aaron G Campfield of Richmond
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The east front has a small portico supported by thin columns. The front center section projects from the main building. There is stone trim at the corners and around the windows. A wide cornice follows the flat roof line. The building was remodeled in 1954 and restored in 2011.
N – Jay County
E – Darke County, Ohio
S – Wayne County
Photos taken 2008