Harrison County is named for William Harrison, who was a Governor of the Indiana Territory.
Created: October 11, 1808
Corydon 1808 – present
County Courthouse – Corydon
Location: 300 North Capitol Avenue / East Walnut Street
Built: 1927 – 1928
Architect: Fowler & Karges of Evansville
Contractor: J Fred Beggs & Company of Scottsburg.
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building has a portico on the south front with a single entrance on the first story and four large columns on the second story rising to a wide header. Between the columns are three large arched windows. The roof line is flat.
Old County Courthouse – Corydon
Location: South Campbell Street / High Street
Built: 1814 – 1815
Architect: George L Mesker & Company
Contractor: Dennis Pennington
Description: The building faces west and is a two story gray colored stone structure. The west front has a central arched entrance. On the center of the roof is a white colored octagonal cupola. The built as the State Capitol and became a courthouse in 1825.
Photos taken 2008