Hamilton County is named for Alexander Hamilton, who was the first United States Secretary of the Treasury.
Created: January 8, 1823
Noblesville 1824 – present
County Courthouse – Noblesville
Location: 1 Hamilton County Square / North 9th Street
Built: 1877 – 1878
Style: Second Empire
Architect: Edwin May of Indianapolis
Contractor: Aaron G Campfield of Winchester.
Description: The building faces east and is a three story red colored brick structure. The center sections on each side of the building extend from the main building. There is stone trim along the corners and vertical bans along the building. A wide cornice runs along the roof line with a mansard roof with dormer windows above the cornice. On the center of the roof is a high square clock tower with black colored roof. The building was remodeled in 1993. The architect was Browning Day Millins Dierdorf and the contractor was Toth-Ervin, Inc. On the west side is the old red colored brick Sheriff’s Residence.
County Government and Judicial Center – Noblesville
Location: 1 Hamilton County Square / Conner Street
Built: 1990 – 1992
Architect: Carey Mouer of James & Hagerman of Indianapolis
Contractor: James & Hagerman of Indanapolis
Description: The building faces east and is a three story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The east front has a large semicircular portico with six stone pillars. A cream colored band runs below the flat roof line. The building is named as the Hamilton County Government and Judicial Center.
N – Tipton County
Photos taken 2008