Greene County is named for Nathanael Greene, who was a general in the American revolutionary War.
Created: January 5,1821
Burlington 1821 – 1824
Bloomfield 1824 – present
County Courthouse – Bloomfield
Location: 916 East Main Street / South Washington Street
Built: 1885 – 1886
Style: Classic Revival
Architect: George W Bunting of Indianapolis
Contractor: McKay & Bushman
Description: The building faces
Built in 1885, the building is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The building faces north and was completed in 1886. The north front has a projecting brick section with recessed entrance on the first story. Above is a large recessed window with stone header at the roof line. Above is a square stone clock tower. The building has a course white colored stone base. The building was remodeled in 1954. The architect was Jay Bixby. In 2006, an addition was added on the south side. The architect was DLZ Indiana and the contractor was Weddle Brothers Construction Company.
W – Sullivan County
Photos taken 2008