Gibson County is named for John Gibson, who was an officer in the French and Indian War and the American Revolutionary War, and he served as Secretary of the Indiana Territory.
Created: March 9, 1813
Princeton 1813 – present
County Courthouse – Princeton
Location: 101 North Main Street / West Broadway Street
Built: 1883 – 1885
Style: County Capitol and Romanesque Revival
Architect: Harry, Roy and Kenneth McDonald of Louisville, Kentucky
Contractor: Joseph G Miller
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The east front has stone work on either side of the entrance with two arched windows on the second story and a wide stone header at the roof line. At each corner of the building are small towers with peaked roofs. On the center of the roof is a tall clock tower with open center section.
Note: The courthouse is similar to the courthouse in Johnson County. The cost of construction of the courthouse was cost of $188,661.
W – Wabash County, Illinois
Photos taken 2008