Dearborn County is named for Henry Dearborn, who was a United States Secretary of War.
Created: March 7, 1803
Lawrenceburg 1803 – 1836
Wilmington 1836 – 1844
Lawrenceburg 1844 – present
County Courthouse – Lawrenceburg
Location: 215 West High Street / Mary Street
Built: 1870 – 1873
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: George Kyle of Vevay
Contractor: Thomas J Shannon of Lawrenceburg
Description: The building faces east and is a three story gray limestone structure. The east front has a large portico supported by four large columns rising to the pediment at the roof line, Small peaked roofs are on the south, west and north sides.
County Administration – Lawrenceburg
Location: 215 B West High Street / Mary Street
Built: 1983 – 1984
Architect: Savage Walker Schulte Associates Inc. and John P Grier
Contractor: Stephen Gross & Sons Inc.
Description: The building faces east and is a three story concrete and glass style structure. The roof line is flat.
N – Franklin County
S – Ohio County
W – Ripley County
Photos taken 2008