Williamson County is named for Williamson County in Tennessee through the influence of emigrants from that county.
Created: February 28, 1839
Marion 1839 – present
County Courthouse – Marion
Location: 200 West Jefferson Street / North Monroe Street
Built: 1969 – 1970
Architect: Clark, Atley and Associates of Urbana
Contractor: Bearden Construction Company of Marion
Description: The building faces south and is a three story light brown colored brick and glass structure. The building is located on a slope with the full three stories on the north side of the building. The entrance is at the west end of the south side and is recessed. A one story section extends south from the main building. The roof line is flat. An addition was added in 1984 and 1985. The architect was Lovelace and associates and the contractor was Ralph Korte of Union, Inc.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by N S Spencer & Sons and constructed by Charles E Bush in 1888. The cupola from the courthouse is at the top of a red colored brick pillar in the town square.
N – Franklin County
E – Saline County
W – Jackson County
Photos taken 2008