Ogle County is named for Joseph Ogle, who was a veteran of the Revolutionary War who came to Illinois in 1875.
Created: January 16, 1836
Oregon 1838 – present
County Courthouse – Oregon
Location: 100 South 4th Street / Washington Street
Built: 1890 – 1891
Style: Romanesque Revival
Architect: George O Gamsey of Chicago
Contractor: Charles A Moses
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick structure. The building has a projecting central section with large arch at the first story entrance. The second story has arched windows and the section rises to a peak. On each corner of the building is a square tower with peaked roof. On the center of the roof is a square tower with peaked roof.
County Judicial Center – Oregon
Location: 106 South 5th Street / Washington Street
Built: 2003 – 2005
Architect: Potter Lawson, Inc.
Contractor: Green Associates Inc.
Description: The building faces east and is a three story red colored brick structure. The east front has a curved stone center section with entrances on the first story. Above rise vertical brick pillars with recessed windows and a projecting iron grill from the top of the second story. On the northeast corner a tower rises to a pitched roof with dormers. The roof line is flat with white stone trim.
E – DeKalb County
W – Carroll County
Photos taken 2008