Livingston County is named for Edward Livingston, who was a mayor of New York, member of Congress and a United States Senator from Louisiana.
Created: February 27, 1837
Pontiac 1837 – present
County Courthouse – Pontiac
Location: 112 West Madison Street / North Mill Street
Built: 1874 – 1875
Style: Second Empire
Architect: J C Cochrane of Chicago
Contractor: Colwell, Clark & Company of Ottawa
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick structure. The west front has a one story portico supported by four white columns. There are similar porticos on each side, and square towers with mansard roofs on each corner of the building. On the center of the roof rises a high square clock tower with mansard roof. There is stone trim on the corners and at the top of the windows. The clock tower was added in 1892.
County Law and Justice Center – Pontiac
Location: 110 North Main Street / West Madison Street
Built: 2009 – 2011
Architect: PSA Dewberry Architects
Contractor: Fredrick Quinn Corporation
Description: The building faces west.and is a three story red colored brick and concrete structure. The west front has steps leading to a plaza in front of a large glass section in the center with rectangular brick towers on each side. The glass entrance section projects from the main building. On the northwest and southwest corners are one story sections. The roof line is flat.
Photos taken 2010