Location: 200 East Capiol Avenue / South 2nd Street
Built: 1905 – 1908
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: W Carbys Zimmerman
Contractor: V Jobst & Sons of Peoria
Description: The building faces north with the State Capitol to the west, The building is located on landscaped grounds and is a gray colored stone structure. The first two floors have columns and decorative stonework. On the first floor are the offices of the Clerk of the Supreme Court and the Clerk of the Appellate Court. The second floor is of monumental proportions and finished in dark mahogany. Along the north front are the Supreme Court Room and Conference Room. On the south side is the Appellate Court Room. At the end of the building is the State Law Library. The third floor is devoted to living quarters for the Supreme Court justices.
See: The courthouse is located in Sangamon County.
Photos taken 1997 and 2012