Location: 1004 Columbius Street / East Lafayette Street
Built: 1857 – 1860
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Minard L Beers of Chicago
Contractor: Josiah Pope of Ottawa
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The west front has Doric columns with a large pediment above. The building is constructed of red colored brick and detailed in Joliet limestone. The north and south wings on the building were added in 1877. The The building houses the Third District Appellate Court.
Note: Thomas Miller had a contract to do the stone work. Moreover, the act of the Illinois General Assembly providing for construction of this courthouse appointed five commissioners to select the site and oversee construction. They were William Reddick, Joseph O Glover, George E Walker, William H L Wallace and Henry F Eames.
See: The courthouse is located in La Salle County.
Photos taken 2010