Fulton County is named for Robert Fulton, who was the first successful builder of a steamboat on American waters.
Created: January 28, 1823
Lewistown 1823 – present
County Courthouse – Lewiston
Location: 100 Main Street North / Washington Street
Built: 1897 – 1898
Style: Beaux Arts
Architect: Charles Bell of Bell and Kent from Council Bluffs, Iowa
Contractor: H V V Clute, R M Hinde and M P Rice
Description: The building faces east and is a two story gray stone structure. The east front has a protruding tower with archway on the first story at the entrance, On the second story, is a large arched window. Smaller towers with black roofs are at each corner of the building. In the center of the building is a high square dome with clock and silver roof at the top.
Photos taken 2012