Ford County

US States / H-L / Illinois / Ford County
Ford

Ford County is named for Thomas Ford, who was the eight Governor of Illinois and who served during the Illinois Mormon War.

 

Created:  February 17, 1859

County Seat:

Paxton  1859 – present

 

County Courthouse – Paxton

 

Location:  200 West State Street  / North Taft Street

Built:  1905 – 1906

Style:  Second Empire

Architect:  Joseph W Royer

Contractor:  Jahr & Cope

 

Description: The building faces south and is a two story brown colored brick and stone structure. The building has stone trim at the corners and around the windows. On the center of the roof is a round black colored dome.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Livingston County and Kankakee County

E – Iroquois County and Vermillion County

S – Champaign County

W – McLean County and Livingston County

 

 
0511nc10

 

 

0509nc10

 

 

0512nc10

Photos taken 2010